Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crucible of Blood

When I was a child I remember going to Florida with my mother and father.

I asked my father why there were waves.

He said to me that it was because boats were going by, far out in the ocean where we couldn't see them, and they were creating all the waves.

Even now I can't go to the beach without remembering my father and his idiotic explanation.

I've posted #10 in the adventures of the PAC Squad:


Why did I choose this one to post next?

I suppose of all the PAC Squad characters, Dr. Venerius is probably my favorite.
I see a lot of my father in Dr. Venerius, although my father was a relatively young man, of course, and he was no scientific genius.

But he was pretty crotchety, the old man.

It's a pretty rousing adventure, as well, this story -- with all the bizarre bad-guys, including Changeling Brown, one of the few recurring villains in the stories. I also particularly liked the Hellchair -- and the untimely end that it comes to.

So of course, the question arises -- is Dr. Venerius a Nazi?

Well, we can safely say he's a former Nazi. Although his specific activities during the war are never described, we learn in this book that he escaped to Argentina on "stolen Nazi gold" so at least we know that things didn't end well between him and the Third Reich.

YOU CAN BUY IT HERE ON SMASHWORDS

YOU CAN BUY IT HERE FOR THE AMAZON KINDLE

Also, I made the first book, WRATH OF THE PUMPKIN GOD, available for free on Smashwords. But you can still pay $1.99 for it on Kindle, if you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment